Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Standoff

So I'm sitting at my computer thinking about what awesomely cool story to tell you all today, when Kona starts hopping onto my lap. That's cute and all, but Kona's 45 lbs., and I'm still wearing my church clothes. I keep pushing him off, but Kona's resolve to get my attention is steadfast, and he starts nipping at my pants, rubbing his muzzle under my elbow, and continues to jump onto my lap.

Meanwhile, I have this little bit of a headache, I'm feeling kind of crabby, and my patience is awfully short. Kona pokes and prods and thumps me too many times, so then I say, "Kona! I'm gonna punch you!" He looks at me with his big eyes and tilts his head in response. "You wonna fight?!? Come on, let's do this!"

So I pretend to punch my wonderful pal, who starts to playfully growl, then playfully rears back onto his hind legs, and then playfully punches me square in the face. We stop, and Kona looks at me, smiling, wagging his tail.

Guess I asked for that....

No comments:

Post a Comment