Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Love of the Journey

I'm feeling pretty motivated. Two blogs in two days!
Yeah, I know, you're probably thinking,
"Big deals?"
When it comes to survival (and by survival I mean continuing to blog despite the fact that I really really really need to hit the hay after another never-ending day of teaching), every little victory counts!

So, HA!

Teaching is something I just do. I know this for a fact, because despite my devotion, my wallet's capacity is never given a chance to prove itself worthy of such a work ethic. In other words: I don't do it for the money, honey. I teach because nothing gives me greater fulfillment. However, a level of financial security would certainly be appreciated!

You know what's funny about what drives us?  Here I am going on about my profession and its pay, while when I think of ways to be better off financially I think of how to do so within my field? Isn't that silly? Think about it...instead of investing money towards a career garaunteed to make money, like being a doctor or an elevator repairman, I choose to hang out with the underpaid and underappreciated.

WHY?

Because money isn't everything. And because I'm awesome like that.



Here ends the third blog on the fourth day. Hoorah!




No comments:

Post a Comment