Wednesday, October 20, 2010

First Stumble

So it happened. For the very first time in three months, I wiped out while jogging with my dog. We had ran from our end of town to the southern end, through the practice fields and the graveyard, and then around a school campus, running back home. Meanwhile the street lights have turned on, I'm tired, and I'm growing leary about where my feet are landing. Shortly after my toe hits the edge of a sidewalk and I go skipping across the pavement like a stone over water! Luckily we were almost home, so I didn't have far to walk before tending to my wounds. My left hand paid the price with a gashed middle finger, ring finger, and the corner of my palm. My jeans didn't fair well, either. I just noticed a big hole.

Here's my inspiration for getting up and getting out after a hard day's work!
KONA!!!
(psst! Kona! Look this way!)

I still have to teach him to look at the camera.

If you're wondering how Kona made out in the ordeal, he's fine. A little freaked out, but he didn't leave me to die, which I'm very happy about! You're a true friend, Kona. A true friend!


No comments:

Post a Comment