Saturday, October 23, 2010

Little Nuisance

What a nice day today! Sunny sky, the aroma of autumn, the feel of your hoodie keeping your head warm despite a chilly breeze here or there...it was INDEED a lovely day.

My wife (Jen) and I are buying a house a few miles up the road.The closing date is within a month's time, and with us being so busy, we thought it best to start sooner rather than later in getting things packed and read-up. We packed and cleaned plenty and still had time to play a video game, run Kona across town and through the woods, and watch a movie, not to mention WRITE A BLOG!

Speaking of woods, let me tell you a funny story...

There was once a little boy whose mother taught him to be weary of TICKS, for she told him ticks bring lime disease and certain death. The boy's mother defended him so, and NEVER did he acquire a tick. When the little boy became a man and a husband, he was preparing to take a shower late one evening when, after taking off his shirt, he noticed a black dot on his stomach. Upon taking a closer look, he discovered it to be a tick, and ran crying to the ER, where the physicians extracted it for $200 and had a good laugh about it afterwards.

While writing this blog, I felt something crawling on my knee, reached up into my pant leg, and pinched the tips of my fingers around a tiny tick. With that, I'm now going to take a shower...



1 comment: